Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Live Free 'Determination'

Sharing some thoughts today from a post from my Choose 2 Live Free site:

I love that it's God's work in us that transforms us--gives us what we need to go deep with him to live powerfully in the face of the big stuff that shakes up our life. Even the smaller stuff that messes with our day.

So do I sit back and just let him carry it all for me? Well, yes . . . and no. He is our burden bearer who has a history of stepping into the messiness of each of our lives and working in ways that leave us in awe. He doesn't need anyone to complete who he is or what he wants to do.

But in relationship with him, I can be willing, even better, determined, to join him in all he's doing.

I like life verses. One of mine is the Philippians 3:10-11 in the Amplified version. Take the first part:


For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly.

God doesn't force me to be in a relationship with him. And once I am in a relationship with him, my connection to him doesn't just happen passively. I need to, or rather I want to, actively pursue knowing who is. More strongly, clearly.

It's my determined purpose.

A determination that spills over into other thoughts and choices and ways I choose to live.

Jan, choosing to live free

http://www.jankern.com/
http://www.choose2livefree.com/

No comments: