Monday, March 02, 2009

to buy or not to buy, that is the question

I don't need a Kindle2. True I don't have a Kindle from the first go round. But really, I've done without a Kindle so far, I can probably do without the Kindle2.
But I do have bad eyesight and one can enlarge the font on the Kindle2 until it is comfortable for my eyes.
But I have coped with bad eyesight without the Kindle.
True, I can upload my manuscripts and work on them at all sorts of places where I am stuck waiting. 
But I have coped with carrying around manuscripts and a laptop, etc.
It is tax deductible as a business expense.
But it is over $350.00. Much more because if I was going to be insane and buy one, I would also buy the fancy leather case.
Next year the price will probably go way down.
I don't need a Kindle2, I just want one. Sigh. The answer is NOT TO BUY.
Sigh! Sometimes I hate making mature, responsible choices.

4 comments:

Julie Garmon said...

I'm feeling so behind the times. I heard the word Kindle just a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I thought it was a she. :-)

Glad you're not caving....

Donita K. Paul said...

Actually, writing the post helped my resolve.

Anonymous said...

What's a Kindle? LOL sometimes I feel like I don't know anything even though I'm called the Dictionary.

Anonymous said...

My Mom doesn't even consider half of the time of when to buy or not to buy. She just buys to have. :(