Monday, March 23, 2009

Long Walks & All The Rest

Hello everyone out there in Blog Land!

My name is Shannon Beveridge, and I am so excited to have the opportunity to share my life and my thoughts on life with you; hopefully you'll be half as excited to read about them! I am 24 years old, and I have to say that at times that sounds older than I feel!

I was raised in a Christian home, for which I'm so grateful, by my dad who was and still is in full time ministry, and my mom who home schooled me, my older brother and my younger sister. I currently work part time at Grace Church as the Sr. High Youth Director. Which means I get paid to hang out with teens which is really awesome! I also teach several Hip-Hop dance classes and coach Gymnastics. Needless to say I was a gymnast for 12 years and I love dance! A little known fact about me is that I have always loved to watch Ice Skating, and 2 years ago I decided to take it up! It's never too late to try something new.

My other hobbies include: hanging out with friends, especially in Downtown Fredericksburg - being with my family and my boyfriend, all whom I love very much - Ice Cream!! Any time of day or night and everyday of the year! - Alternative music - My favorite movie is You've Got Mail, it's so witty and well written, and as far as Chick flicks go, just the right amount of Chickage (definitely a word I invented). I love roller coasters - the Washington Red Skins - going to the beach - I'd love to learn to surf one day! The shows I'm currently into include 24- Go Jack Bower! The Biggest Loser, because it changes people's lives, and American Idol, but honestly who has time to watch a show that comes on 3 nights a week? - my favorite books include: Mere Christianity, The Hiding Place, & Blue Like Jazz - I also love reading children's books, Roald Dahl books are my favorite! - I love watching sunrises and sunsets!

I've decided that introductions are awkward because it feels like you're trying to make yourself sound good, or they start sounding like a personal ad... did I mention I enjoy long walks on the beach? :)

I love missions and traveling. I lived in South Africa for 3 years from age 18-21, attending and then leading at a Christian discipleship program called Year of Your Life. While in the program those 3 years we did missions in South Africa, Botswana, Malawi, Zambia, and Mozambique. Other countries I've done missions in include Kenya, England, Dominica, and Mexico. I love Jesus and telling others about what He's done in my life.

I'm so very excited to be on this journey with all of you as we discover who we are called to be as girls, who God is, and as we allow Him to reveal the good life He has for us!

2 comments:

Julie Garmon said...

Welcome, Shannon. So nice to meet you.

Jan Kern said...

Hi Shannon. Welcome to GGGL. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Jan Kern