Thursday, September 27, 2007

Be bold

So, I was at this fiction writers conference this weekend. And since we’re all novelists, we get kind of emotional and spiritual and weird and weepy.

A friend of mine came to the decision this weekend, “Darn it! I’m not going to listen to the trends of the publishing Market anymore, I’m just going to write what I think God wants me to write!”

Because, of course, God trumps Market every time.

(She’s probably going to kill me for telling this story, but it’s a perfect illustration of what I want to say.)

So she pitched this WAY COOL (and yes, I’m shouting) and incredibly unique (read: unmarketable) story idea and got a very positive response. It was like God was saying, “Yeah, girl, you obey Me and we’ll go places!”

Here’s my point: Forget trends and peer pressure and just do what you feel God telling you to do. You know what I’m talking about. It’s an urging in your heart that’s been bugging you for weeks. It’s a burning on your tongue that you try to stifle because you’re afraid you’ll sound stupid.

God will NOT let you fall on your face. He doesn’t work that way. He always brings some kind of good out of any action we do for Him. And most of the time, it’s really really good.

I’m not saying it’ll be easy, but God wouldn’t ask you to do something without giving you some divine help to do it.

And if you’re not feeling that urging or that burning right now, then store up this info for when God does set that in you. He can call you anytime to do some really awesome things for Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed this tonight :-)

Debbie

cberry said...

thanks. i really needed this too!