Sunday, July 01, 2007

Podcasts, Radio, and Stuff Like That


Today my interview with Stacy Harp, Active Christian Media, hit the cyberwaves.

It was informal and fun and I sound like I have a lisp due to the connection, but it was a great interview. We talked about stuff like dealing with tough issues from the past, finding wholeness and healing in God, and lots more.

I also just finished a radio interview with a very cool lady named Erin Campbell with Water Through the Word. It will be on satellite radio in August. And another with Focus on the Family will air later this year (I'll let you know when I find out.)

Now, the same thing happened after each of these interviews.

I hung up the phone or climbed out of the interview chair and thought: I WANT TO DO THIS!

It's the same thing I've been saying for the past four years. But there's obstacles. Really big ones, like where I live.

If I moved and left behind my family, my cats, my horses and home, then I could work for a radio station in a larger city, creating my own daretobelieve program.

But this is the scoop. I really love my husband, and my children. And I haven't felt God speaking to me to move and take all the human beings in my family--and livestock--with me, like he did Abraham.

So, if there are challenges, should I give up this dream? Is God dangling it in my heart like a carrot in front of a donkey cart?

Absolutely not. You see, I know the desires are from God, but the timing has to be his as well.

While I wait, I'm praying. I'm asking for direction, and I am learning.

I bought a new microphone that I can use with a cool computer program called Audacity. I'm playing with it, when I have time.

As I travel, I talk with people who are in the broadcasting business. They have a lot of sage advice to offer (wisdom!).

I'm also interviewing people who I really like, and who I think has a lot to say, and sharing it on my teen ministry site, Real Teen Faith, like this interview with Shannon Kubiak Primicerio.

I'm not going to give up my dream just because it's not happening right now, right here.

What about you? Do you have a dream? Is there something you really long to do, but it seems like it will NEVER happen.

If so, I invite you to join me on a trust journey, believing that God has a plan and a season, but also using that waiting time to grow in your relationship with God, and in learning new and fun things. Things that will be valuable as all the pieces fall in place.

See, waiting is painted as a bad investment in our culture.

But the Bible has this to say about it:

That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what
is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. (Romans 8:24-25 The Message)
Will I ever achieve my radio broadcasting dream? I think I will. But while I wait, I'll look forward to experiencing where God has me today as he opens the doors to my tomorrow.

PS: If you want to hear the podcast with Active Christian Media, click here!
Suzie

No comments: