Friday, June 01, 2007

What Car Will You Drive in Heaven?

(My day to blog is tomorrow, so forgive this early post. We are moving and my computer will be disassembled shortly.)

When I was involved with the teen ministry in our church, a young man came up to me and said he was going to drive a Lamborghini when he got to Heaven. I must have looked thoroughly shocked. I mean, after all, I was one of the Christian adults responsible for helping form this young Christian's attitudes. He grinned (I knew I'd fallen for it, and he had gotten just the response he wanted.) With glee he continued, "What else would you drive on golden streets?"Lessons learned from this cheeky kid:
1. Materialism is in the eye of the beholder.
2. Always remember teens love to do the "Gotcha!"
3. Heaven is going to suprise all of us. If they have cars, the cars will be far more spectacular than a little ole Lamborghini.

1 comment:

Jeanette Hanscome said...

I don't really care what kind of car I drive in heaven. If we do have cars in heaven, as you said, I look forward to knowing that God will be able to hand me a set of keys too. No more calling around for rides or explaining why I can't drive.

Happy Moving Donita! Great post.

Jeanette