Monday, July 31, 2006

Who God Is

What comes to your mind when you think about God? Usually one of the first things that come to my mind is His bigness. A friend recently emailed me about something that is going to happen in August that hasn't happened in thousands of years, and might not happen again until 2287. On August 27, we will be able to see the planet, Mars, in the sky. It will be as big as our moon. How cool is that? This is due to happen because of Jupiter's gravity pull on Mars and it will perturb it's orbit. Mars will come within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be the brightest object in the sky.

My only response is "Wow!" The same God that created Mars loves me. The same God who is so big that we can't figure out wants a personal relationship with me. It has been said that the two most important things are what you think about God and what you think He thinks about you. If you have the wrong picture of God, you might not see what He thinks of you. If you don't see Him as loving, then you will misjudge the circumstances in your life. If you don't see Him as being in complete control, then you might feel as though you're living in chaos.

Take some time today and reflect on who God is. Try reading some of the Psalms. Write down your thoughts of who He is and then based on those truths, write down what that means about you.

Blessings,
Sarah Bragg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I aggree (you know I've never been sure how to spell aggree..) that if we don't accept or acknowledge God is in complete control then our lives will seem like chaos. I have hard time stepping aside and letting God do what He thinks is best, but when I do, I realize everything works out just fine.. hmm, who would have thought?!
Thanks for this post, there's a situation that I can really apply it to in my life right now (certain people at work).
God bless,
Sam