Sunday, July 09, 2006

New Girl on the Block


This is my first time to ever blog, and I am so excited that it is to write to you. I wanted to use this first time to introduce myself to you. I almost twenty-eight years old and live in Atlanta, GA with my husband, Scott. I grew up in Cleveland, TN and also attended college there at Lee University. I majored in Communications, but never imagined that I would be communicator for a living! After college, I spent two years at Saddleback Church in southern CA working in their high school ministry. I loved living in CA! I even learned how to surf. It was an amazing adventure! From there, I ended up in Atlanta, GA working for a large church as the Minister to Female Students. Recently, my husband took a job at North Point Community Church here in Atlanta, so I left my position at the church to join him. I now write books and curriculum and also speak full-time.

My first book was just published by New Hope Publishers called "Body. Beauty. Boys." To hold my book in my hand for the first time was so surreal. I can't believe that my words were inside it. This book is basically my story about how I struggled with my body image and ultimately bounced around different eating disorders for more than 10 years. It's a story about finding freedom from the mirror.

As I look back over the coarse of my life, I can see how God's hand has been weaving a magnificent portriat. God has been at work all the time. There were moments when I felt He had forgotten about me, but He was there. Even in the difficult seasons, I wondered why He allowed it, but I can now see it was part of the portrait. God has a plan for you. He has uniquely shaped you to do and be something extraordinary! I hope to be so priviledged as to see what happens in you.

I look forward to meeting you...
Sarah Bragg

No comments: