Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Denver Bound

I'll fly out early Friday a.m. to land in Denver, CO for a trade show called "International Christian Retail Show" (ICRS).

I'm pumped because this is the one time of the year that I get to hang out with people who love writing. There will be thousands of book store owners, publishers, authors, musical artists and more.

When I think that I get to launch my 3rd book, I get goosebumps. But the fact that it is one of 180,000 that will launch this year keeps me humble.

Do you ever think about what you want to do? When I was 16, if someone had said you could one day be an author, I wouldn't have believed them.

Me? An author. No. I'm a skinny, sometimes-screwed-up, shy, angry teen. How could I be an author?

But the deal is that I loved writing. I didn't recognize my talent. I just knew that I loved the art of stringing words together. I wrote stories and poetry. I made up stories and told them to my little brothers at night.

What do you love? What does God see inside of you that you might not see yourself--yet?

I want you to think about that today. What do you love to do? What possibilities are out there for you? What might get in the way of you finding those dreams?

Now that I'm on the other side of 40 (ancient, I know, I know!) I am grateful that I somehow found this path -- knowing God, finding destiny, choosing amazing and ordinary and wonderful things for my life instead of the destructive path I once traveled -- and I want to encourage you to find your path in life as well.

I believe in you,

Suzie

No comments: